Pregnancy is a time when the female hormones really do have a mind of their own. OK, generally these hormones can run wild if not held on a leash but then, during pregnancy, hmmmm, they become something else.
Pregnancy cravings are serious “principalities and powers”. They can ruin you if they take total control of your life.
Most women will confess to being in the position whereby what you want to eat is not really what you want to eat. Now most times this is a reason why a woman adds so much weight during pregnancy.
In our environment, it is even tougher. with most of our foods being carbohydrates. After pregnancy, a woman is struggling with loosing the amount of weight she added.
Now, to deal with this ‘situation’;
- it is essential that once a woman discovers that she is pregnant, she should discuss with her doctor, to know the recommended amount of weight gain for her body size.
- She has to develop self control and discipline.
- she has to realize that what ever she eats has to be nourishing for her baby (most junk foods are not nourishing
- Exercise. Even if its 30 mins walk daily. Make effort to stay active.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. Even if you don’t feel like. it keeps you full for longer.
- Eat breakfast everyday
- Eat your meals in really small portions.
- Drink at least 3L of water daily.
- Ensure you get support from your partner. Emotional encouragement is essential.
- Most of all she has to commit every craving to God in prayer. He alone can fight the impossible (those midnight cravings for cake and sharwarma are sent straight from hell)
There aren't any comments yet.
A comment from you will make my day!