Carrot-Oat nutty bread
3 cups of grated carrots
¼ cup of pecans or almond nuts
½ cup of brown sugar
¼ cup of cholesterol free cooking oil
1 ½ tspn of baking powder
½ tspn of salt
1 ½ tspn of baking soda
1 cup of whole wheat flour
1 cup of oat flour
1tsp of vanilla flavor
½ tsp of ground nutmeg
½ tsp of ground cinnamon
->Wash and grate your carrots and set aside
->Toast your nuts a bit over the stove to bring out its aroma. The crush them into smaller chunks
-> In a large bowl, whisk your egg together.
-> Gradually add in the sugar into the egg mix. Keep whisking until mixture gets a lighter consistency with some foamy on top
-> add in your oil gradually. Beat together.
-> Add in the vanila flavour
-> Add in baking powder, ground nutmeg and ground cinnamon
-> Then add in the flours alternating and mixing.
-> Fold in the carrots and nuts. Turning till it mixes completely.
-> Grease pan and powder with flour. Pour in batter to ¾ way up.
-> Set oven at 240 deg C, allow to heat and bake for 80mins. Or until toothpick passed in comes out dry.
-> When baked and cooled store in a plastic bag or foil and keep in fridge for 3 days or freezer for longer.
- Serves 15
- Serving size approx 130cal
- You can add pineapple chunks for added sweetness. (drain the fluid from the pineapple and add in at same time with the carrots
- The baking temperature depends on your kind of oven or if you will bake with a pot. Just let it cook sha!
- its very filling so listen to your body not your throat as you may be tempted to eat the whole loaf alone.
- Resist the temptation and share a piece with the brethren
- Feedbacks mean a lot!